TETRA/LRRETA Campout, Fun Rides, Auction and Potluck
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for a weekend of camping, riding, auction, potluck and more fun at this lovely destination.
Lake Ray Roberts Benefit ride
May 14-16, 2021
Where: Isle du Bois State Park, 100 PW 5137, Pilot Point, Texas 76258
Campground at Little Bluestem Trailhead: 13 equestrian sites, primitive, water nearby for horses, review all camping fees and rules on Texas Parks and Wildlife. Make reservations on reserveamerica.com. Dry camping will be permitted in day use parking by contacting Linda Moore for $10 per night. There is also an area for primitive camping. Contact Linda Moore at 940-206-9355 for more information.
Please provide auction item donations to Gail Cotton by May 7th. Contact Gail at 214-356-8523. New , old, local area services, adult gift baskets, and items needing a new home, all donations are highly encouraged and welcomed. Go to LRRETA Facebook Auction for remote bidding at (forthcoming).
All proceeds minus expenses will be donated to the Lake Ray Roberts Equestrian Trails Association (LRRETA) for campground water and electric hookups. We are over half way to our goal of $20,000. The goal for this weekend event is to raise $3000. We need your help!!!
- Friday evening 6:00PM- Cookies and lemonade social hour with "Not Your Normal" Bingo Game. Stew or chili till gone.
- Saturday morning Dice Run, ride out at 9:30AM - $25 to play, $10 for an extra roll of Dice. Game on the trail.
- Saturday afternoon from 3PM to 6PM - Presentations by Equine Specialists!
- Saturday afternoon pick up Auction items between 3:00PM to 6:00PM (Submit auction item to Gail Cotton (214) 356-8523 by May 7th. In lieu of donating an auction item, donations are encouraged.)
- Saturday night 6:00PM Pot Luck. Bring a dish to share and share what you're bringing at Sign-up Genius LRRETA: LRRETA Potluck Dinner May 16, 2021 (signupgenius.com).
- Sunday morning Obstacle course, ride out at 9:30AM - $25.
Register with LRRETA for the Dice Run, Auction and Obstacle Course.
This is a TETRA (Texas Equestrian Trail Rider's Assn) sponsored event. TETRA collects a ride fee of $20 for TETRA members and $35 for non members if attending for more than one day, If just attending one day, there is a $15 day rider fee. Riders register at tetratrails.org, using Paypal or by mail. Pay upon arrival by check, Cash payment is strongly discouraged.
Directions: Isle du Bois Unit is located on FM 455, 10 miles east of Interstate 35
Questions contact Misty Valdez 575-219-2252, ride organizer. Linda Moore at 940-206-9355 for auction information and ride details.
Misty Valdez is looking for volunteers to assist with rider check in, greeting riders, and Sunday clean up. To volunteer, please sign up via SignUp Genius:
- Dice Run, Saturday - LRRETA: LRRETA Dice Run 2021 (signupgenius.com)
- Obstacle Course, Sunday - LRRETA: LRRETA Obstacle Challenge 2021 (signupgenius.com)
- Weekend Clean Up Crew - Sunday - LRRETA: Weekend Clean Up Crew (signupgenius.com)
BRING RECYCLED ITEMS!!! LRRETA HAS PARTNERED WITH NexTrex "RECYCLE Bags for Benches" for recycling household bags & wrap into Trex's Earth-friendly composite decking and railing! This helps protect our environment, and NexTrex will donate a park bench made from their recycled products for LRRETA! Please bring produce bags, store bags, ice bags, Ziploc & other reclosable bags, cereal box liners, case overwrap, bread bags, newspaper sleeves, dry cleaning bags, bubble wrap, and plastic e-commerce mailers. To learn more about NexTrex recycling "green energy" program, go to NexTrex.
PLEASE CLEAN UP YOUR CAMPSITE/PEN BEFORE LEAVING FOR HOME. LEAVE NO TRACE.
To comply with Covid-19 recommendations, we ask all attendees respect social distancing guidelines of 6 feet, frequently wash hands, and wear a mask when indoors or when distancing outdoors of 6 feet is not possible. Exception to masking at meals, 6-foot social distancing should be maintained.
1 hourCheck-in and "Not Your Normal" Bingo
2 hoursDINNER / BINGO (Regular game)Isle Du Bois, Lake Ray Roberts
- Bingo Card - Fri. 6:00PM$10$100$0
- DICE RUN - Sat., 9:30AM$25$250$0
- Dice Run EXTRA Roll$10$100$0
- Obstacle Challenge-Sun. 9:30AM$25$250$0
- Donation in Lieu of Auction$25$250$0
- LRRETA Single Patron Membershi$35$350$0
- Sold OutFriday night-Day Use Parking$10$100$0
- Sold OutSat night - Day Use Parking$10$100$0